08 julio 2009

Thing 5

I feel like I can grasp the concept of RSS, but I had a lot of difficulties working with it the ways described in the videos. I had to copy the URLs for both weblogg-ed.com and for the 2cents blog. When I follwed the directions in the video for the 2cents blog I never saw the 'coded' page. I do like the Bloglines bookmarklet. Going back to the RSS concept, are educators reading the numerous posts made on their favorite blogs daily? It seems impossible. I imagine they are just looking for the posts that most fit their needs and interests. Still seems like a lot of time that will be spent on blogs when very little time is left at the end of a school day.

The RSS does seem like it will be handy for keeping track of sites and blogs I look at in my personal life and for my professional development and use. I plan to take a few days to simply monitor the few sites I have subscribed to and continue looking for other blogs that might be of interest to me or to others.

2 comentarios:

  1. If the bookmarklet works, that's what you should use.

    I know RSS can be frustrating -- but so worth it in the end. It helps keep information organized and manageable.

    Keep going, you're doing great.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It does seem like we could spend a lot of time looking for good blogs, and we are so busy already. I am a fellow Spanish teacher, although I teach at the elementary-middle school level and my classes meet once a week. If, while browsing blogs, you find any really helpful blogs on foreign language learning, please let me know. You can post it on my blog "Spanish Class."

    ResponderEliminar