04 agosto 2009

Thing 6



This photo was taken in San Luis Potosi and I decided to choose this photo because the colors of the feathers made me think of many things in Mexico. It reminded me of the colors that may be seen in a market, colors that can be seen on costumes during fiesta days, or even just the colors that can be seen on handicrafts in Mexico. Of course, this photo is in the Creative Commons license so it was ok to use. There were A LOT of photos I came across that were amazing when I just 'explored', but all of them had rights reserved.

I thought the comments that followed this picture were very interesting because so many people were commenting on the colors and posting different pictures that captured the color spectrum or color composition. There were a lot of posts on the right side of the picture on Flickr that had a scrolling option and I don't understand how this feature works yet, but it looked interesting.

I have began using digital format for my pictures (like most people) and really like all the features that online organizers offer. I have some pictures on Picture Organizer, but then I got Picasa and I use that now. I recently posted an album from Picasa onto Google. Is the Google option similar to Flickr?? I recognized the term 'tag' from Facebook, but it seems that in Flickr you use this feature as part of the filing. I would like to practice with this feature because I take many pictures on trips and always want to label them for future use, but it can be an overwhelming process and maybe the 'tag' option on Flickr would be easier. Last year I took pictures from a trip and made a real photo album online using Snapfish. I love the book and would like to find some other services that have this. It looks like Flickr can do this too.

Well, I'm going to continue doing my Things.

1 comentario: