22 agosto 2009

Thing 11

There's really a variety of blogs out there with some really great ideas.

The articles given were good. It seems a lot like common sense, but certainly helpful to have to review at times. I really liked getting a couple of comments on my blog. It made me feel like there was more purpose in what I'm doing here. It also confirmed that you really can develop a community of learners this way. I'm really starting to see more possibilities for using a blog with my students. I am still not entirely comfortable leaving comments on someone else's blog, but I don't dislike it. I mentioned this in an earlier post, but this Thing reminds me of a couple of people I know that follow a blog and they all speak of specific people that follow that blog too. It does seem like you build quite a following if you develop your commenting skills.

One way that I would like to use a blog with students in my class would be to provide more opportunities to become familiar with cultural elements in the Spanish-speaking world. Getting them to comment appropriately would certainly open up the possibilty for a conversation that many times we don't have in the classroom.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario