25 agosto 2009

Thing 13

I would like to continue working with social bookmarking because I find myself taking too much time during my planning hour looking for a source I had seen or used before. I have gotten good at remembering to add a website to my Favorites if it has something I might need, but it does get disorganized fast. I can see how tagging digital resources can really save you some time.

Choosing the correct or most useful tags seems to be the difficult piece here and I suspect I will need to practice this more to really make it a time saving technique. I liked the 13 Tips provided, I will certainly be reviewing that when working with Delicious. Thanks!

Organization, a variety of available sources, and less time wasted are clearly advantages of the use of tags on social bookmarking sites. Also, much like blogs, it seems like you can begin to follow users that you trust and identify with when identifying useful classroom sources. The ability to access bookmarks on different computers is also a huge advantage and will help me save time at work.

I certainly think it is important to choose tags carefully for this to truly benefit the user. I will certainly be looking at how I can best identify sources for myself and other users. Are other users able to change tags you have given? And/or can other users add on tags to sources you tag? It also seems that there is still some sorting necessary and this just always seems to be the time consuming piece which is a disadvantage throughout the year. However, it seems that social bookmarking offers many possibilities and will be a useful tool when navegating the internet.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario