28 agosto 2009

Thing 22

My Wiki is . Now that is http://profemad.wikispaces.com/ (I'm not sure if I did the link correctly. I didn't understand how to make a link earlier today, but I think I have it kind of figured out now that I've done it correctly on my Wiki:)

I see the main difference between blogs and wikis as being that a wiki is meant as a space for collaborative work that needs regular updating. A blog seems more to me like a space for conversation. I know that there are many uses for each that I don't understand fully or may not even be aware at this point, but that is how I am distinguishing between them for now. I would determine which is appropriate by what it is that I want to accomplish. If I simply want to hear comments from students in my classroom and maintain a dialogue with them outside of class I think the blog would be appropriate. However, if I want them to develop content for our class I would choose the wiki.

The wiki takes time to set up and I as I stated in Thing 21, I really need to have a better idea of how I would use the wiki for my classroom. I've only started the wiki and it needs structure. Of course, I'm not entirely sure about the structure because I don't have a real plan for its use. Also, when I'm looking at the saved product I see all this text that was there to get started, will that always be there? And I have ads on the right side of my wiki and I thought the video said that I indicated it was educational use, it wouldn't have ads. Well, I plan to play with my wiki more tonight.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario