20 agosto 2009

Thing 9

I just posted my first video on YouTube! This is the biggest time sucker I've come across yet, but it certainly is fun. So, yes, I like YouTube, but my dislike would be that there are so many clips out there that it seems hard to really get at what you want. Perhaps getting to know some of the regular users and posters would help me have a better idea if something is worth watching or not. It makes me think back to an experience I recently had with blogs. My sister follows a couple of blogs and on one of them she really only looks for the comments of certain individuals. She feels that they consistently give the best advice and make the most valuable comments. Again, maybe applying that kind of logic here could help with sorting through the videos.

I came across one video (that is now a favorite) called Psychological Spanish Language Game. It was really interesting in regard to my classroom. He talked about the common mistakes made by non-native speakers and how they happen. I left a comment, but he does say in the video not to comment so he may delete it. I didn't give anything away which I think is what he was afraid of. I also rated this video as AWESOME. Maybe it wasn't so awesome, but I was so excited to using YouTube. I also rated some other videos, but I couldn't rate my own video:(

YouTube is blocked at my school, so working with this could be challenging. I think if there is some specific reason you need to use clips, you can request the block to be taken off but I'm not sure about that.

Well, this was fun. On to more Things and hopefully I'll finish by next week.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario